Planning Your Trip

Here are some things to keep in mind when you’re planning your next trip with On The Fly Guiding.

  • When flying into Montana, please book your flight into Billings Logan International Airport. If driving, your GPS should be able to get you to Hardin and then up HWY 313 to Ft. Smith, MT.
  • You will need a Montana fishing license and a Montana Conservation License. You may purchase those in person or online via: Montana Gov Website.
  • We do not own a lodge, but we can provide options in the area at discounted rates.
  • You may choose to have us provide food on your trip. If so, please call for availability and pricing.
  • We provide fishing services, flies, leaders, tippet (terminal tackle), instruction, transportation to and off river, and lunch including non-alcoholic drinks.
  • Please bring your own rod, reel, and waders. I recommend a 9ft 6weight rode and reel for the best success.
  • Don’t forget your sunglasses and a hat! Polarized glasses are best.
  • If you need gear, please call ahead to make arrangements.
  • Weather can turn quickly in Montana. I suggest packing layers such as rain jackets.
  • Sunscreen is also a must.